Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mario Birthday Party for my big 4 year old!

Hi there.. I can't quite believe its been over a month since I've posted! Either time has started to go much faster or I've gotten very lazy... it MUST be the former ;) But I do have much to share. Just need to snap a few decent pictures! My latest photographer: my 4 year old son! And he is not all bad :)

FOUR. It still seems unreal to me.. that I have a FOUR YEAR OLD SON. A loving caring brother. A special gift that could only be from heaven above. I thank God everyday for him and pray to be the mother God intended me to be. 


We celebrated his birthday a few weekends ago and his only wish was for a Mario party. That statement always continued with: a Mario cake! If you Google: Mario cake, you will get some extraordinary images! I wish I was that talented!

One of my favorites (for those of you who are too lazy  busy to look it up) :)
http://www.mirauncut.com/top-10-best-super-mario-cakes/

That was definitely not what we had! But I think it was still a huge success (besides the fact that the whole family couldn't come-missed you!). But because the judge (my son) was superbly excited and happy!

In the midst of making star cookies and "mushroom" cupcakes, he hugged me and told me he loved me. He than told me I do everything cool. That blew me away. I'm almost tearing up re-reading that. He didn't care about the presents - at that moment he cared that I was trying to make his wish come true. How innocent and simple children are. And how easy it is to make them happy... It's a huge lesson for me. I spend too much time being complicated and not enough time being happy!

I wanted to share pictures of the joyous event and also some easy DIY's we did to make it more Mario-like! They are very easy- silly even. :)

 Sorry about the color! It was very hard to photograph because of the time of day and the direct sunlight through the doors! 


 The question mark my husband and I made!

Mushrooms and stars 

Cupcakes with buttercream frosting mixed with a half of cream cheese and white chocolate chips upside down

 Sugar cookies with sugar cookie icing- dries glossy and pretty



Angel food cake and fruit trifle

 One of the blocks my husband made! (out of a diaper box!)


 DIY Mario felt hats and crowns for the princesses

Colorful birthday

Ice cream cake from DQ- They will make any image you want! Just bring in a "coloring book" page! They went above my expectations- I brought in the Mario and Luigi picture and they added the Troopa's and mushroom themselves! So nice of them! Great cake, right??

 
The birthday boy... my Mario for the day! With his cousin  :)

Other princesses of the party!

The mini gang

And the picture where everyone is silly!

Sorry for the picture overload! I hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures as much as I enjoyed uploading them! Planning on posting the DIY's tomorrow so check back soon! 

Have a great and productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment