Monday, February 26, 2018

High-Waisted Wide Legs For Days Pants DIY Refashion

Hi hi!



I am so excited to share my first video refashion with you!! I have been wanting to try to record my refashions for a while now- mostly because photos make it SO hard to explain things sometimes- But also because I personally have loved watching other refashion videos and thought YOU might like it too! Also so you can see how easy most of my refashions really really are!!

I have been on the hunt for a nice pair of white pants that were 

a. high waisted
b. wide leg
c. good quality
d. affordable

Needless to say, that was not easy to find. I never even hoped to find one in a thrift store. So when I found this pair of lined, quality white pants at one of our thrift stores, I was so happy! I wasn't sure how the refashion would turn out but for $1.00, it was worth trying. (yes, we have a local thrift store that's crazy cheap but you have to dig to find gems)

This is a simple tutorial of how to take in a pair of pants. These were lined so *technically* you should take the lining apart and take them in both separately. I am sorry if you are here for a professional tutorial. I am all about the quick and easy version that works for me! I don't care too much about the technique as long as it looks good! I think this makes sewing more approachable and releases you from the worry of being a perfectionist! 

I still remember the first few things I started sewing - My mom had a large collection of fabric and random things in our sheds and barn. It was boxes and boxes of fabrics! My sister and I would take the stretchy ones, wrap it around our body and then sew a line straight down. It would make a tube top or a tube dress (things we were not allowed to wear haha). We also then attach other fabrics by tucking them into the dress to make trains and more "avant garde" type of looks. We had runway shows for our imaginary friends. So you could say I've been a model and fashion designer all my life ðŸ˜† And yes, I tell everyone that I had the BEST childhood. :)

























I hope you enjoyed the video and it gives you inspiration (and courage!) to try something new!

As always, I love feedback! Did you like the video?? Was it easier to understand? Any requests for specific DIY's?

Thanks so much for reading ðŸ˜˜

With Love,

Viktoria 












































No comments:

Post a Comment