Thursday, April 5, 2018

Taking Advantage of Spring Blooms and Branches: DIY Flower Arrangement

Hello Lovelies!


Whenever I have an abundance of pretty flower pictures on my camera, I feel the strong need to share them. They are just too pretty not to!! (Like these peony pictures from my basket bag re-make!) That's because you can't go wrong with them. They are so photogenic! :) All they need is some good lighting, and they look gorgeous! I especially love to use my Macro lense for close shots of all their special details. Each flower amazes me.

For our church's Easter party, I was asked to do a simple decor for the tables. I love party planning and party decor but since it was a simple after-church potluck, I knew all it really needed was a pretty bouquet on the table. By the way: I am not a florist in anyway. I follow the same amount of florist Instagrammers as you do (I think every girl loves flowers!)

This is a simple DIY that anyone can do! Take advantage of natures free blooms during spring! Ahhh, I love you Springtime!


What you need:
-a low vase / pot  (I found my "farmhouse style" pot at the Dollar Store!!)

-a green foam florist sponge- soaked overnight (I just cut a bigger piece in half to fit my two pots)

-FLOWERS! Example: flowering branches, tulips, hellebores, hygrangeas, lilies; anything seasonal!


Start with the largest, tallest pieces you have. I put my magnolia branches in the back. (Thanks to my sister for sharing these beauties with me from her own tree!!)

Then I layered the next "row" with the flowering cherry branches, trimming them to be a little shorter.

Next I stuck in the tulips. This is where you can add more strong flowers like hydrangea, or lily!

Last, the delicate droopy flowers. Hellebore is so seasonal- I love that about them! They scream SPRING! Poppy or ranunculus would also be gorgeous!

Fill in any empty spaces with other left over flowers from branches, etc.

*TIP* Use a small color palette and it will blend much better! Remember,  greens are always good to add and whites are a neutral!














 Girls and flowers. Is there anything prettier? 






I hope you had a wonderful Easter Holiday! Enjoy this season by playing with flowers. It's so therapeutic!

Thank you for reading!

With Love, 
Viktoria 




No comments:

Post a Comment