Thursday, December 20, 2012

Our Bible Group Blue and Silver Mod Christmas Party

Hello hello!

Christmas is just around the corner and this last week always makes me sorta sad...You anticipate it. You long for it as a child. But now that I'm "older", I just want it to linger... I don't want it to be over.

 Alas, it must be so. Along with that, our Christmas Party has passed as well. :( But I am glad to say it turned out amazing and all of us girls should pat ourselves on the back (totally corny, I know). I only say this because it was definitely a group effort and I love that it has a little piece of each of us!



This year we went with a more modern twist using blue and silver as the main theme colors. (If you missed last years more traditional spin, it's here!) Each girl had to make at least one DIY Christmas tree. (many of the girls made two) and we ended up with a forest of DIY trees. Absolutely loved it. We went by this tutorial

 http://www.shaunamailloux.com/2011/12/handmade-christmas-trees-pt-1/

for making the cones (out of cereal boxes!) and it's also filled with lots of ideas and inspiration! Dollar tree also has Styrofoam cones for a $1! Really, there is no reason to spend $20+ dollars to get one of these trees at a store!

The while fluffy stuff I found at Michael's and added glittery tinsel confetti (?) to it to make it sparkle more. I wish I had the exact name but its every where now for the holidays. 

This picture could quite make you OCD- Don't you just want to straighten those candles!! AHH!!

 iPhone pic

For the candles, we used epsom salt which already has a shimmer that looks like snow and added glitter. Everything's better with glitter :)

The plates were from Costco and we found the napkins at Target and Walmart (The silver at Target and the blue at Walmart). The little ornaments were also from Target (dollar section!) and added something special to each place setting



The food table had hanging lights underneath and a large vase holding white spray painted branches. It was pretty dramatic for little money.

The tablecloths were borrowed from a friend and the candle holders and vases were all brought by the girls! So this is our budget friendly festive night! I hope it brings some inspiration to you!

Here are some more detailed pictures of the trees!





We already started to clean up and remembered to take a picture This is most of the girls. (To those that missed it, I'm sorry!)


It was a beautiful evening of sipping coffee and eating really good food and playing very LOUD games. ;) We were all able to get sitters and enjoy each other company without the kids for one night

It was such a fun night and I'm so beyond blessed to have these girls in my life! They are a constant support spiritually and I look up to all of them.
 
 I hope you are surrounded with family and friends and love this holiday season and are able to see how blessed you are! I hope you are remembering the Gift that was given to us on that Silent Night.

God Bless you all. Thank you for reading! I also wanted to add that it was my "blogaversary" just a little bit ago- It's been a year already!! Thank you for being here, commenting and making me smile! I am really thankful for you all

If I don't post again until after Christmas, Merry Merry Christmas to you all!! (That sounded very Santa Claus-ish!! But I mean it :)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a big step from last years Christmas dinner! I mean just look at all those cute cute CUTE details!! You all did a fantastic job and no detail was overlooked! And I couldn't agree more... Glitter DOES make everything look better, haha. Also Congrats on your year of blogging!!! :D Merry Christmas to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Svetlana, thank you so much! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that about glitter ;) and Thank you thank you for following along!

      Delete