Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Romantic Watercolor Party



I have so many parties backed up on my camera roll I decided this will be the first one I share! Mostly because it is very versatile. It can be done as a Valentine's Day Party or Bridal Shower or even Baby Shower. (if babies are left at home ;)

When my baby sister was going to turn the big 2 5, I wanted to make it extra special for her. Plus I was getting the party planning itch ;) I originally wanted to have it outside, but last minute, I changed my mind and we did it in our newly finished basement. Good thing! It was very hot and than randomly poured rain! It was also a surprise party which I think is something that isn't done much anymore! It's fun reminiscing back now. It was a great evening!


Beautifully arranged florals go a LONG WAY. Do not underestimate them! If you have that, your party is gorgeous. Done. 
(These were arranged by a very talented friend...)

Conversation starters/ Game idea: By 25 you should have... Seen ? Achieved ? Accomplished ? Deep stuff... liked watched "Friends" from start to finish. :) 
(Fill in the age to work with your party!)



The aspect of the party I realllllly wanted to share was the watercolor art lesson we had. Our dear friend (and also happens to be my husband's cousin) is a very talented artist! (Check out her Etsy shop here!) She is one of the nicest people I know and so selflessly agreed to do an art lesson at the party. She ended up balancing her baby girl in one arm most of the time, painting with the other hand all while being pregnant too! Super Artist to the rescue! Needless to say, everyone LOVED IT! It was so much fun and made us non-artistic ones feel artsy! She did a great job explaining and picking a picture that everyone could achieve.

Thanks again, Katie! You made the party so special!

Even though watercolor is so big right now, the more I see it, the more I love it. I can't imagine getting tired of it. Its so effortlessly beautiful. I did a quick search online and linked some watercolor invitations I love so you can throw your own watercolor party! (All from Etsy)

1. Love the brightness of this one! SantiagoSunBirds 2. Fate and Fourtune Paperie   3. Who can say no to peonies?? DandyLion Paper 4. Mooseberry Paper Co - too much good ones here!
Also LOVED: ShopPaperGarden


I hope it inspires you to try something similar at your next event! (TIP: It got hectic with the little ones and you don't absorb as much information! Consider yourself warned! ;)

Sources:
Gold Chargers: Michaels
Moss "Runner": Michaels
Gold Candle Votives : Target
Watercolor paint and paper: Michaels

Thank you SO much for reading! It means so much to me! Would love to hear what you think.. Would you like to do something like this at a party??

Much Love, 
Viktoria

No comments:

Post a Comment