Thursday, May 11, 2017

Pop of Red: DIY Silk Tie Up Sandals

Hello!


Have you been loving all the lace-up sandals lately? I really fell for the gladiator style. What screams summer getaway / easy- breezy more then sandals with brightly colored silk ties?? I didn't want to buy yet another pair of sandals and knew I had a pair that haven't been getting worn. I was right- I had these simple black strappy ones from Old Navy that I didn't feel guilty to put a knife to. Add a printed scarf (thrift store find) that's been waiting to be cut up and you have your supplies for this tutorial! :)

Lucky find!!


1. Cut strips of about 2 inches. If you want more dramatic straps you can cut them thicker.

2. Fold in half with the pattern inside and sew down the open edge. I used zig-zag stitch because the scarf was slippery satinish.

3. Using a safety pin, lope one end and pull through itself to make it "inside out" exposing the pattern.

4. My scarf was a handkerchief size. I sewed two strips together for each sandal. (4 total strips) I knotted the tips to keep from fraying.


If you have a pair of sandals that has at least one loop (like mine has in the back) you can make these!

I used an exacto-knife to cut off the straps on the left and right sides.

After making your ties, loop the folded strap around the middle of top strap.



Criss-cross through the back loop.

Ta-Da! Loved the pop of color this adds to an outift! We have been experiencing odd cold weather (IT's MAY- so weird) but imagine these with a maxi dress! A white flowy shirt?








Ta-Da! Love the pop of color this adds to an outift! We have been experiencing odd cold weather (IT's MAY- so weird) but imagine these with a maxi dress! A white flowy shirt?

If you rather buy here are some very cute options *Or perhaps to get you inspired!! Hope you decide to try this!

Inspiration right here!

Cute and simple ties

The REAL DEAL! All the heart eyes. But I hope to buy a pair in person one day :)

With Love,
 Viktoria

1 comment: