Monday, April 27, 2015

Anthropologie- Inspired Tassel Throw ( DIY )

Hello dear ones and hello to a new week!


Everyone has that plain (but comfy) throw or blanket that you keep around for just in case. Or for every night to curl up in, eat ice cream and watch Netflix. Yea, believe me, I know! But it's ok. It's ok because the throw is not special. You're not worried about getting it dirty on accident. You didn't pay Anthropologie dollars on it.

But what if you could have both??? The look of an interesting Anthropologie throw but without the heart attack if someone spills something on it!

I saw this beauty on Instagram months ago. I haven't been able to forget it. But I also couldn't convince myself to buy it for the original price either. I am just not in that stage to purchase an expensive throw and then constantly have to worry about it getting messed up. (Mama's with babies, you know what I am talking about).

I realized the part that I loved most about the throw was the GIANT TASSELS! And they are so easy to make. It's ridiculous. And I am so in love. Best part: You can add them to any throw/blanket you want. These tassels would work on a patterned throw or do a different color scheme or make hot pink tassels to a white blanket for your daughters room. (Thinking about that one for my girls room!)

Here's how:

Fuzzy yarn. (Not a necessity but I was going for the look in this Anthropologie throw) - 41 yards is enough to make 4 big Tassels with a bit left over.
Scissors
Piece of cardboard or book (I used one about 10 in long)
(Might need Needle and Thread)

1. Wrap your yarn around the piece of cardboard loosly. I wrapped it 13-15 times (depending how thick you want your tassel, you might need to do more if you are using a thinner yarn)


2. Gently slid the loops off the cardboard. Cut a piece of yarn a little longer then the length of the cardboard. Fold the piece of yarn in half, slide under the looped yarn at the center and bring the ends of the piece of yarn into the hole. I than tied it for extra reinforcement. You may trim this- depending on how long you want your tassle to hang...


3. Cut the folds in the sections they are in. (This helps it to be more straight) If there are some longer pieces after you have cut all the loops, you can trim them. But sometimes it just needs to be adjusted (pulled from the other end).
  4. Cut another piece to tie around the top end of your tassel to create that tassle look. This piece I cut longer than I needed so that it blends into the tassel as well.


  5. My throw had the perfect edge to just pull my tassel through. If yours doesn't have this, that's ok! You can attach it with a little needle and thread. This way it isn't permanent either- You can take it off whenever you are bored of them.


Make sure to use your Michael's coupon if you are getting your yarn there! I got my spool for about $4.00. Now, if only I could enjoy my throw with a non-interrupted cup of tea and a good book. #staged. Haha.




Thanks so much for reading!

PS These were taken in our newly finished basement! It is our favorite place in the house now and we wish could just move downstairs. :) I hope to post photos of our office space soon! I'm not near done filling up the shelves but I can't contain my excitement! It's just everything I imagined and dreamed in an office space. Can't wait to show you the space!

With Love,
Viktoria

1 comment:

  1. Genius!! I saw this in your basement and thought you bought it!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete