Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Our First Oreshki Cookie Sale, at the Perennial Favorites Barn Sale!

Hello again! 

Like I said in my last post, we were thrilled with the results of our first ever cookie sale stand last Saturday! THANKS AGAIN to all that came out and bought cookies and were interested in our Russian nut shaped cookies! I promised pictures of our cookie stand and I honestly can't wait to share them. :) 

 The word "oreshki" means NUTS in Russian. This cookies was properly named, I would say! :)
DIY Fabric Streamer- Tutorial coming soon!


 Our seasonal Pumpkin Spice flavor did so well! It was a big hit.

DIY paper baggies for the cookies!
The "original" flavor, Dulce de Leche (Caramel)
 
Me and my beautiful sister! 
with my little helpers :)

We went with subtle hues and simple decor and we wanted to spend as little money as possible. Most of the things we already had. Somehow, it all just come together! I think we can all agree that the accent piece of the whole stand was the fabric streamer behind us?! The biggest surprise is how the color theme came into being: we found all the fabric scraps from the thrift store!! Yes, ALL (but the striped blue fabric) were left over scraps! (I will post a tutorial soon. It is super easy!! I think I will use it in my little girls room!)

The AMAZING chalkboard was made by my sister Tamara (the one pictured with me!) and her husband. The jars we bought at Walmart for a great price and all the rest were things we had accumulated from party planning, etc. My other sister, Zhanna held the cookie sale in another location (in Grottoes, for the Fall Festival) and did equally as well with the sale! Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of that stand!

If you couldn't see clearly from the pictures, the flavors we were selling were:
Dulce Caramel (Original Russian cookie filling)
Nutella
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Jam with a Nut Shell 
and our seasonal: Pumpkin Spice shell with Pumpkin Spice cream filling!

Which flavor do you think you would love most? Which do you most want to try??

No comments:

Post a Comment